Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The year that went by...


Its almost mid April now. The year went by so fast. (The academic year...) Almost like in the blink of the eye. I still remember my first day of college. So many expectations, so many apprehensions. It was for the first time that I was going to a place where I knew no one. NOT A SINGLE PERSON..!!! The thought frightened me, but the ambitious girl inside me took over and I set foot in XIMR on the 27th of July 2009. The first day actually turned out to be fun. Made some new friends. Everyone seemed so friendly. Dint feel like it was any different from a regular college. Definitely dint feel like a management college. I remember going home thinking, ‘its gonna be a fun ride..!’
Well, I don’t know how much of fun it actually turned out to be. But it was one helluva ride. Today, as I look back and think of what I was, as a person, a year ago, I see a complete stranger. A naïve, eager to please, happy-go-lucky sort of girl who thought the world was a great place and every human being was a gem. I rarely ever got angry and had never snapped at anyone my entire life. But a year at XIMR changed me completely. Sometimes, I fail to recognise the person I’ve become.. Short tempered, competitive, judgmental. I’m not saying that I’ve changed for the worse. Of course, I do admit that being judgmental and short tempered is completely unacceptable. But I think I’ve learnt a lot about people… different kinds of people and how to deal with them. Trust me, spending 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, with the same people is not easy. Sometimes, you just want to yell at them and tell them to get out of your face..!!! There’s so much rivalry, competition, fighting, backstabbing and bitching that it would make hell seem like a better place. But I can proudly say that there is one thing I still have from my old self… and that is.. my conscience. Its there... completely alive and kicking..!! Gets me every time.. That little voice, that can get so annoying at times that it wont let you sleep. Yes, the same fella, its there.. And I’m happy to say it hasn’t died.
I know my words may give you the impression that I detest being a part of that place. But that is absolutely not the case. In fact, it’s completely the opposite. I have made some good friends there and I also look forward to spending the next year with them. I’ve had some of the craziest times and I wouldn’t trade those for anything in the world. And that’s what gets me going. I don’t know how I survived this year, but its just the thought of all of us being in it together, that’ll help me get through the next. Atleast I hope so. Until then I shall try to put into practise the mantra that my aunt gave me … “SEE GOD IN EVERYONE..”

6 comments:

  1. it's crazy but it's gonna be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, SamB!! Welcome to the world of Blogging! :) Hope to read more stuff here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bandra :D..nice one..n so true ;)...u did make some really gud frndz...ME...hehe after all im ur inspiration n motivation fr u to start writing :D(i hope) even if im not...its okk...coz ur writing and i got one more thing to read instead of reading college stuff ...keep writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @satwik: true, u sorta inspired me to blog...
    p.s: a romantic post inspired from the one on ur profile coming up soon... (no rhyming words though.!!.. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Sandra, being part of that world was tiring.

    Having said that, i do think its just gonna get a hell lot easier now, what with we finally doing what we came here for.

    Mostly everyone in each class will be similar, If nothing else, because of a shared passion.

    ReplyDelete